Monday, July 7, 2008

A Word?

Today, while the floors were being installed, Jack and I hung out at my parents house. My parents were outside with Jack when he saw a little statue of a cat on the ground. According to my parents (I was inside and missed this), Jack pointed to the statue and said, "Ca". Of course, this means that he's brilliant, right? Terry is skeptical that Jack actually meant to say cat. I mean, he says the sounds "Ma Ma" and "Da Da" all the time, but they don't really refer to Terry or I, so what's the likelihood that he chose cat over mama or dada as his first word? Sure, he loves Merlin, but it's hard to accept that he may love Merlin even more than us.

4 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

I hate to rock your boat but he did say cat. He said cat, cat, cat and he pointed at the cat too. Later Jack spied another cat statue in our living room and he looked, pointed and said CAT!

Grandma Jojo
P.S. You aren't the only two upset about the first word being CAT. Aunt Gigi wanted the first word to be Gigi!

jeanine said...

I didn't want to say anything (because I knew you'd be disappointed) but I heard him say "Cats Not Kids" the other day.

Jenn K said...

Hee! If he only knew what that meant!

ESilvernail said...

If it makes you feel any better, Molly's first word was "key". As in key-cat or kitty cat. The other word - not mama or dada- but "hi" and said to complete strangers everywhere we went. Take note that it isn't what is most important in their lives or what they see most, but what they hear most from you :)
Erin