Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jack's Spiderman Room

When we moved into our new house almost two years ago, I had wanted to wait until our first year home inspection before deciding to paint anything. Then the one year home inspection came and went and I felt stumped by what to do with Jack's room. I initially wanted to do a Pixar/Disney themed room, painting different characters all over the wall, but the thought of all of the time devoted to painting each character daunted me and left me feeling overwhelmed. Then one day, about a month ago, it came to me--a Spiderman room! I could possibly paint a simple Spiderman on his wall and do some type of web. Easy peasy lemon squeazy! But then I investigated the idea of ordering a Fathead Spiderman for his wall. I initially was scared by the price, but thought that in the end, it would be worth it. And it sooooo was! I ordered Spiderman bedding for his bed, took the flat sheet that came with the set and sewed it to another flat sheet to make a duvet cover and even ordered a poster size picture of Jack in his Spiderman outfit. After working for a couple of weeks on the web, Terry and I were able to put up the Spiderman last night. I LOVE how it came out! And better yet, Jack loves it!








2 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

You did a terrific job. You are amazing. And to think you are our daughter.

Unknown said...

I am in love with this idea!!! So, of course I have to borrow it! I had already bought the large spider-man, so this was exactly what I was looking for. Could I ask what paint colors you used?

Thanks!