Sunday, May 30, 2010

Getting Crafty

For whatever reason, maybe it's spring fever or something, but I have been in a very crafty mood lately. I've been working on a lot of different projects around the house and I finally went around and took pictures of everything.


I recovered the lampshades in the family room. They used to be white, but after having them for over 10 years, the amount of dust accumulated on them was not pretty. This was a thrifty alternative to buying new lampshades.


I redid the landscaping in our front lawn. I pulled out all of the plants, reorganized and bought new plants to fill in. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now, if only I don't kill them.



I made this sign to hang on our lamp post. I saw some monogrammed signs at Kirklands and thought that I could make something similar with some leftover fabric. Jack was excited to help show off the new sign.



I bought some bulletin boards at a garage sale and covered them with fabric and ribbon to make a toddler friendly board for Jack's room. There's a matching one that says "Friends" and has pictures of Jack with some of his buddies.


My mother's day present was this dresser from an antique store. It was originally a dark wood color, but I sanded and painted it to match the curtains in our bedroom. I spray painted the original hardware a silver color. The mirror above was a garage sale find from my parents. It was originally a black and gold frame, but I spray painted it the same silver as the hardware. The candelabra was a Christmas present from my MIL and was sort of the inspiration for all of it. I love how this turned out.

2 comments:

jeanine said...

Wow! You were serious when you said you were in a crafty mood. Everything came out so beautiful. I love the monogram banner and your new drawers are beautiful.

K family said...

When are you coming to do my house? And how do you find time to be crafty? Fantastic job on everything!