Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thank God for Grandparents!

Today, Terry and I received a call from my parents asking us if we wanted them to babysit today. Did we? Oh YES we did! So, for the first time in over a year, Terry and I went to see a movie together. I was absolutely giddy when I got in the car, child-free, knowing that for the next three hours I could just relish in something mindless and fun. It was the first time that Terry and I had left the kid with someone with the intention of doing something fun. Thank you, Mom and Dad!!! We had a great time and saw Batman. I'm not really a Batman fan (Spiderman is my favorite), but this was a really fantastic movie. Heath Ledger's Joker was completely twisted, in a fun, yet disturbing way and I really enjoyed Aaron Eckhart's character of Harvey Dent. Today was such a treat! Yay for Grandparents!

2 comments:

Jack and Joann said...

We were just as giddy as you because we had not seen him since last weekend. We had a great time with Jack!

KB said...

I am very jealous. Are your parents available for rent, too?